I wake up in the morning feelin’ like P Diddy … no, not really, not even close, but I would bet one of his diamond earrings that my morning regime is something that not even the great Puffy himself could face, except for maybe pre-MTV Awards Show. It takes a good team to make this 41 year old face look at least somewhat fresh and dewy, so after I roll over to turn off the alarm clock, I (usually) keep rolling across the bed enroute to the bathroom and begin my day that should be sponsored by Sephora.
1. Brush teeth with Sensodyne toothpaste
2. Lather, Rinse, Repeat with Pureology Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
3. Exfoliate with Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
4. Cleanse with Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
5. Lather up with L’Occitane soap or whatever little hotel soaps my hubby brings home on his travels
Rinse from stem to stern, step out of the shower, towel off.
6. Apply Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion all over my arms and legs
7. Apply Bio-Oil on my 10 year old stretch marks and cross my fingers
8. Spray Sally Hershberger Wave Spray through my hair to detangle it and in the hopes it will give my Asian hair some beachy waves. You know, I actually eliminated my product train by one here. I used to use a detangler and THEN a wave spray! Yay me!
9. Apply L’Oreal Revitalift SPF 18 on my face and neck
10. Gently dab MAC Fast Response Eye cream around my eyes with my baby fingers
Usually I have to really step on it by this stage because I’ll start to hear the kids starting to rummage around the kitchen for their breakfast. “Mommy, where’s the Froot Loops?”
11. Powder my face with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Pressed Powder to ease away shine and redness
12. Blush on Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick in Brownie
13. Smudge on Becca’s Line and Illuminate Pencil to well, line and illuminate
14. Slap on some DiorShow Mascara
15. Swipe the lips with some gloss
Spritz some scent, a squirt of l’Occitane Shea Butter hand lotion intended to minimize fine lines and age spots, and I’m out the bathroom door, waving a frying pan yelling, “Who wants eggs?”
PS. Stay tuned for my night regime.